We all face challenging times at the course of this life. Much like the yearly seasons, life comes at us in similar cycles.
Years ago, I heard an older man state that if you have not encountered any of these challenging seasons, “keep on living!” At the time, I did not know what he meant but over the years I have confronted my own shares of life’s hurricanes, and I am better for it. Often these seasons are highlighted with ‘action demanding’ moments whereby one is forced to either be courageous for a move forward or be stagnated.
If you are like me, you may have found yourself in your head at one time or another confronted with daunting challenges that you opted to remain therein. Thankfully, despite the frustrations, today I am wiser because I learned the art of tricking my brain to awake to action!
Recently, I found myself at the edge of this proverbial pit, and while I knew the logical steps to take, I still found myself nervous until it dawned on me to do the very simple exercise I share with my clients. Upon deploying the art of ‘active questioning‘, one of the most effective tools that empowers you to unclog your mental faculties.
Mindfulness boosts your mental strength, creativity and happiness. Living stress free is critical to your health, career and business. Therefore, engaging yourselves in this exercise (or whatever works for you) as often as needed is imperative to your well being and growth. Consequently, you will tap into unending possibilities that lead to a clear path forward. I refer to this exercise as ‘The 7 Vital Questions To Ask For Your Forward Leap.’
Here we go…
- Where am I headed? This is your Big Picture (Vision) question without which you will always feel like you are chasing after your tail.
- Where am I? This may seem banal but understand that your ability to pursue your Vision with clarity and precision is directly proportional to knowing exactly where you are in this very moment.
- What am I most proud of? This question helps you bring to awareness of some real progress that you may have taken for granted along the way. It also fuels you with passion to leap forward.
- What do I need to improve on? Now this is the heart of the matter, because until you know what needs to change you will keep chasing your tail. You must be candid with yourself here, and face whatever you must face now not later.
- If I were to be my own Coach, what would I Coach myself on? This questions helps you verify your need for improvement or better yet affirm your answer to Q#4 above.
- Who can help me realize my desired results? This question allows you to get clear on whether you need to solicit external reach to get things to where you want them to be.
- Why does all these matter? Asking why? Aligns you with the real motivation behind the looming demand and whether that fits with your long term goals. Answering this question positions you and your resources squarely to advance with your mission to realize your vision.
I hope you will find these questions helpful. Note however, to experience the kind of forward leaping action, inspiration and momentum you desire; you will need to be very honest with yourself. In addition, you must be willing to invest time to come up with quality answers by eliciting your soul in this exercise. I would love to hear your thoughts on whether these questions are helpful at all, or better yet learn from your own mind unblocking strategies. Share your comments below.